Sunday 18 August 2013

It's A Wrap!

Summertime, it's a time for keeping things simple, and fresh, isn't it? The abundance of fresh, local grown food is just too inspiring, and needs little other than preparation and a few choice additions. I find if I keep certain items in stock, everything else just fits happily around it, for example lemons and limes, and fresh herbs like basil, coriander (cilantro), and mint. Another staple I make sure I have in my freezer, this time of year, is a bag or two of soft tortilla wraps. I was very excited to find recently, in my local shop, a new range of gluten free wraps, which I have been making the most out of.
In the colder months we do love baked enchiladas, and warm wraps filled with chilli, or roasted veg, but this time of year I find if I put a big bowl of salad on the table, along with a few extras like sour cream, or guacamole, grated cheese, or pickles, the addition of a plateful of soft wraps means it becomes a proper meal that the children fall on with gusto.



Wild rocket, avocado,  drizzled with chipotle oil.



Black turtle beans with feta and roasted butternut squash.

 

The best thing is, we can be as creative as we want, and everyone can choose as much or as little as they like to fill their wrap with.
There are no rules, and anything goes.
What's your favourite filling?




1 comment: